All new Learner Drivers are eligible for one free driving lesson in conjunction with the Keys 2 Drive Program which is funded by the Australian Federal Government. The Australian Automobile Association (AAA) has accredited Lawrie Bool from AHAH Driving School as a keys2drive Free Lesson Provider (not all driving instructors can provide these lessons).
To obtain your free driving lesson:
- First of all click here to register with the keys2drive program. Upon registration you will be sent an SMS message with your 8 digit ID number (10? ??? ??).
- Then SMS Lawrie on 0404 354 291 or email him at Lawrie.email@example.com with the following information:
- Your keys2drive ID number.
- Your name, address and phone number.
- Your preferred time and date for the lesson.
- Whether you will be driving auto or manual? In your car or mine?
Please Note: You will need to be accompanied by another fully licenced driver during the lesson (this is a keys2drive requirement so that your supervisor can gain knowledge too).
Lawrie will then contact you to arrange the free lesson.
The purpose of the Keys 2 Drive program is to equip the learner driver with skills that will enable them to complete the first 6 months on their Provisional Licence without being involved in an injury accident.
A Supervising Driver must accompany the learner driver during the lesson.
The free lesson can be conducted in either a manual or automatic car. Learners can undertake the lesson in a car that they are familiar with or the driving instructor can provide the vehicle.
To be eligible for a free keys2drive lesson, international learners:
Cannot be upgrading to an open Australian licence,
- Cannot have driven in another country on a full or probationary licence,
- Must hold an Australian learners permit.